Being asked to run and jump off a mountain is not for the faint-hearted. But the experience – truly8 Signal Hill Road, Cape Town, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 8001 exhilarating!
With Skywings guests are offered the unique opportunity to take to the sky and see the beautiful Mother City from a birds-eye view. From the vastness of the Atlantic Ocean to the iconic Cape Town stadium and everything in-between guests in are for a once in a lifetime treat.
A SAHPA and THK qualified instructor with extensive experience and training ensures that each flight is safe and most importantly fun!
What’s the Deal?
- Tandem Paragliding Flight for One – R1099
About Tandem Paragliding
Tandem Paragliding launches from either Lions Head or Signal Hill depending on the direction of the wind on the day of your booking
- Duration of tandem paragliding varies and it’s not possible to guarantee a specific flight time due to the changeable nature of the wind and general weather conditions in Cape Town
- Tandem Paragliding will only resume in conditions that are safe to launch and land
- Up to 20 minutes of the most enjoyable flight ever
- In general paragliding in Cape Town can be anything from 5 to 20 minutes in duration
- The instructor will inform you when making your booking where to meet
- This will either be at Lions Head or Signal Hill parking lot
- Enjoy exquisite scenery of the Atlantic coastline, Camps Bay, Table Mountain, Green Point and the Waterfront when the weather conditions are favourable
- After the flight, you will be taken back to where you parked your car with your instructor or you can be collected from the landing site
- This can be checked with the instructor prior to the flight where this will be
- In flight videos and photos are available upon request at an additional fee
- Please confirm if you would like these when making your booking to ensure pilot has cameras prepared before your flight
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum/maximum age to fly?
- Almost anybody can partake in paragliding at Skywings as they have flown passengers from 5 years old and up.
Is there a weight restriction to fly?
- Each canopy has a limit on how many kilograms it can carry, the pilots are carefully matched to each passenger according to their combined weight and the weather conditions
- Skywings currently enforces a weight limit of 110kg
How long will I be in the air?
- Each flight duration is a minimum of 10 minutes depending on the weather conditions which contribute to the thermal lift
What do I need to wear?
- Wear comfortable clothing and a sturdy pair of shoes like training shoes
What do I need to take with me?
- Bring sunglasses and a bottle of water
Do I need any training or experience to fly?
- No experience is required to fly as you will be fully briefed prior to take off
- You will run a few steps and the rest is in the hands of your fully qualified pilot